It's day 5 and you are making progress on getting organized with Realvolve...
Yesterday's session covered adding tags to contacts which makes it easy to find people, today I will discuss how to Search, View, Filter and Sort those contacts.
In the list view, you will see the large box at the top with the magnifying glass. This field allows you to search for any text in the 6 sections of the system.
Above, I entered the word " Listing" and Realvolve found 6 Contacts, 10 Properties, 1 Transaction, 2 Documents, 4 Tags and 11 Activities containing the word "Listing". When you click on any of the icons it will show the list of items that was found in that section. Clicking on the button on the right side of the search field will clear the search text and display all the data in each section.
Below the section Icons is the list view heading "Contacts". This indicates which section you are viewing and the number of contacts currently in the list view. Click on the double chevron " >> " to view all data in that section in more detail in the work pane area. The work pane is the right side of the screen where you do most of your work.
Below the list view heading is the Filter section. Here you can filter your data to limit which records show up in the list view. The 8 filter buttons are Tag, Category, Record Owner, Record Type, By Referrer, Source Type, Other fields, Dates.
- Tags - Any / All / No - Use the options located at the top of the popup list to search for contacts that have "Any" combination of the selected tags, "All" the selected tags must be assigned, or "No" where the only contacts shown are ones that don't have the selected tags. The "Any" option is usually represented with the word "or", where contacts can have "Tag1" or "Tag2" or Tag3". As long as a contact has any of the three selected tags, it will be displayed in the list. The "All" option is like the word "and", where contacts have to have "Tag1" and "Tag2" in order to qualify. SEE VIDEO
- Category - [A|B|C|D] - This filter allows you to search for contacts with any category combination of A,B,C or D SEE VIDEO
- Record Owner - View just those contacts that are owned by a particular user.
- Record Type - View just Person or Company contacts.
- By Referrer - Enter a contact name using this filter to display all contacts in the database that was referred by this person.
- Source Type - View contacts that came from specific sources.
- Other fields - Used to find contacts that are missing information in Email, Address and Tags. SEE VIDEO
- Dates - Search by Birth date, Anniversary, Last Call, Last Visit or Last Note
How to Filter Contacts: SEE VIDEO
The last item to cover in this training is the SORTING abilities located under the filter options. Currently, there are 4 icons which allow you to pick the sorting methods of F/N: First Name, L/N: Last Name, Recently Updated and by Category [A|B|C|D]. When you click on a given icon it will show the names in the list view in that order. SEE VIDEO